Weekly Health Quiz: Zinc, Infections and Chronic Disease 1TruHealth2020-07-20T18:01:58+02:00
1 Which of the following types of fats affect biological pathways involved in COVID-19 and may improve outcomes by reducing your risk of cytokine storm?
- Trans fat
- Polyunsaturated omega-6 fat
- Omega-3 fats DHA and EPA
Evidence suggests the omega-3 fats EPA and DHA affect biological pathways that may have direct influence in the outcome of COVID-19. Learn more.
- Saturated animal fats
2 Why is rising COVID-19 infection rates not an automatic indication of disease spread and an impending rise in deaths?
- Because a majority of those infected are older individuals in nursing homes whose risk of death is minimal
- Because increases in positive results are due to stricter testing of symptomatic individuals whose risk of dying is therefore lessened
- There is no rise in infection rates and therefore no rise in deaths
- Because a majority of those infected are asymptomatic young and middle-aged adults whose risk of death is minimal
According to Stanford University’s disease prevention chairman Dr. John Ioannidis, the COVID-19 fatality rate for those under the age of 45 is “almost zero,” and between the ages of 45 and 70, it’s somewhere between 0.05% and 0.3%. So, the fact that young and middle-aged adults are testing positive in droves is not a warning sign of an impending onslaught of deaths, as the risk of death in these age groups is minuscule. Learn more.
3 Which of the following supplements is an ionophore (a substance that carries ions across membranes) and has the same mechanisms of action as hydroxychloroquine, therefore making it potentially useful against COVID-19 if taken with zinc?
Quercetin, like hydroxychloroquine, is an ionophore, meaning it shuttles zinc into your cells, thus making it potentially useful against COVID-19. Learn more.
- Omega-3 fish oil
- Molecular hydrogen
4 Which of the following strategies can help boost your vitamin D status without taking higher doses of oral vitamin D?
- Taking vitamin D with calcium and potassium
- Taking vitamin D with magnesium and vitamin K2
You can boost your vitamin D status without taking higher doses of oral vitamin D by taking it with magnesium and vitamin K2. You need 244% more oral vitamin D if you’re not concomitantly taking these two nutrients. Learn more.
- Taking oral vitamin D before bedtime
- Taking oral vitamin D first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach
5 What did Nobel Laureate Luc Antoine Montagnier say about COVID-19?
- It is similar to SARS
- It should be treated with Remdesivir
- It was created in a lab and contains HIV elements
Nobel Laureate Luc Antoine Montagnier says COVID-19 was manmade, contains elements of HIV and a parasite that causes malaria and resulted from an industrial accident during HIV vaccine development. Learn more.
- It originated in the Huanan seafood market
6 What is a unifying cause of most chronic diseases?
- Lack of exercise
- High levels of saturated fat
- The consumption of processed seed oils
Ophthalmologist Dr. Chris Knobbe says most chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, hypertension, stroke, diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease and macular degeneration are linked to the consumption of processed seed oils. Learn more.
7 Infectious viral respiratory diseases primarily spread via:
- Very fine aerosol particles suspended in the air
Infectious respiratory diseases primarily spread via very fine aerosol particles that are in suspension in the air. Any mask that allows you to breathe therefore allows for transmission of aerosolized viruses. Learn more.
- Bacteria-laden spit
- Viruses on your hands
- Contaminated surfaces
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!